Monday, July 20, 2009

It Was My Birthday ...

and we really had a good time. My nearest and dearest celebrated with me at the Hyatt's Lost Pines Resort for a long weekend - we sang "Happy Birthday" more times than I can remember. There was lots of good food, some spirited happy hours for those who could imbibe and even lots of presents for the birthday girl. I truly can't remember when I've had a celebration like this one - made hitting my 6th decade a little easier to handle.

This year I had more to celebrate than usual. I must say that I was happy to be here for this. It is a milestone year - and I imagine that my little incident may have prompted this great party. However, we have set the standards high so now I am looking forward to having both of my sisters reach this special age. I can't wait to see what kind of fun we'll have then!

The birthday continued back at the office today with petit fours and more with my team. We tried to watch this incredible slide show that my sister Shannon created, but it wouldn't run - however, the photos were all there so I provided the narration. We missed the music from "Patton," but the "Little General" managed to get the theme across!

All in all, this was the best birthday I can remember and I know that I have my whole family to thank for that! The lesson in this is to be sure to celebrate with those you love while you have them with you - you'll never regret it!

So, just one last time ... 
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday dear Gaillllllllllllllllll,
Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you had a great birthday, Gail. How true about celebrating with the ones you love while you can. I lost my mother when she was 59 and birthdays, holidays, etc. have never been the same, but the memories live on. Love to you and here's to a fabulous 6th decade! xoxo
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i am so sorry the slideshow did not work! ...i will try burning it again and will leave a disk for you to pick up this weekend (if i get it right this time).

    your party weekend was oh-so-much-fun! (too bad we have to wait three years for kim's!) anyway, it was awesome to have (almost) everybody together at the hyatt, and then at the mansion - great venues, both!

    i enjoyed floating the lazy river with you... wish we could go back!

    LULU
    shannon b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday Dear Gail,
    Happy Birthday to you!

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad membership in the 60's club is growing. Not so bad, so far!!!! Happy B-day, GBG! gg

    ReplyDelete