Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Company's Comin'

The outside is coming in today - my friend Gene is on the schedule for a visit - WITH PEACHES!

Yum - sounds good to me. The original plan was that I would go along to buy the peaches, but my monster headache set me back so we agreed that Gene would just come to me with this delicious treat. I even have Blue Bell (hmmmmm - at least I think I do - better check).

I've also realized that time is finite - my leave ends when the month does. For a while, it seemed that it would last forever. Well, it won't. I have to go back to work - and I'm actually looking forward to that. Work is something positive to focus on and I know that my colleagues will be delighted to return some of the responsibilities they  have assumed in my absence. There's plenty to do out there!

Sara Kate and Ryan leave for a Seattle visit today - I'm kinda jealous, but I'm sure we'll schedule our own soon. Only fair - right? Winnie gets to stay with Jimmie while they're away and SK says that she will have a major great time there. I don't know - all those dogs give me the hibbee jibbeeies, but I guess that Winnie likes her pals around. 

Some of the Jancaiti inlaws are coming to Dallas for a visit at the end of May - Betsy is working a golf tournament so I know that Ryan will enjoy that. 

Right now, I'm looking forward to a big birthday celebration in July - I think that the family is gathering in Austin and I know that we'll have a great time. Braden (Maren, too?) are coming from Seattle - lots of others, too, I think - got to get Clif to share  those plans!

Enough for now - I'll let you know how the peaches are :)

xxxtheBrainiac!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Peaches??? No fair. Eat one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, your writing skills are amazing!!! You could give Leon Hale a BIG run for some column space. As I teacher, we sure could use you to teach those awesome writing skills. Hope you are feeling better!Dorothy Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gail,
    Fresh peaches...so juicy it's best to eat them over the kitchen sink...aaah, enjoy. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Thinking of you, Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy - the thought of fresh peaches makes my mouth water! Thrilled that your headache is better. Take care and love reading your blog - your delightful sense of humor and love of life come through clearly. Love, Malla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your headache is better (I was afraid it was something you ate!!!). Fresh peaches do sound good! Brooke and I are off to Chicago for the weekend (it is supposed to rain, naturally) for a late "Mother Day" bonding. Since she is due in September, this will be her last trip out and about. I have never been there so I am looking forward to the "adventure".
    I will miss your blogging until Monday when I return and get a chance to catch up. Will be thinking of you each day...
    xxoo, Pat S (I noticed you have another "Pat"commenting so I added the "S")

    ReplyDelete