Monday, May 4, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now ...........

Actually (nice word, huh!), I always could see clearly. Seems that I have no real problems, symptoms, or residual issues from my "minor" health adventure. Perhaps the biggest thing about this is that it happened at all (caution: still waiting on final reports!).

Because I am pretty much stuck a home for a few weeks, about all I have to write about is how grateful I feel to have such wonderful friends. We are so enjoying all of these culinary treats - much more food at our house than we are used to. I feel stuffed all the time, but to date, the scale shows that I am losing weight so that's good news. I hope it continues this way - however, pie a la mode is not normally on my diet (but, YUM! - and there is even a choice of kinds of pie - peach, apple, pecan - does it get any better than this?). Someone told us that it looked like a cookie bouquet exploded in our kitchen - maybe so - tastes good in there anyway! I've heard it said that I write a lot about food - sorry - only thing to focus on here at the moment :)

Well, I've told you all my news except that I believe that I will have Dallas visitors this weekend for a nice Mother's Day celebration. There are quite a few up there who are very eager to come see me. Unfortunately, sweet sister Kim was voted off the island due to her Mexico vacation, but I have assured her that we will receive her very soon. In the meantime, I must follow the flu guidelines - don't need that complication! 

Hope you are all doing well - and please feel free to call or whatever - I miss you all - xxxgbg

3 comments:

  1. Gail,
    Just a quick hello and thanks for your blogs. I'm vicariously enjoying every bite that you write about...keep em coming! Much for fun than what's in my house. Wishing you a continued uneventful recovery.
    xo Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a brainiac!
    Jon Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you much! Hurry back!
    Love ya, Kim N.

    ReplyDelete