Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Spoonful of Sugar

Seems that this is all it takes - a spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down!

Last night I had my first dose of the chemo, which was preceded by a pill that had to be dissolved in my mouth. Other than a kind of nasty fake grape flavor, it was not so bad. Thirty minutes after that one, I took the chemo pill (actually, there were three of them) and then went to bed.

I woke up feeling just fine so I am 1 night down with 4 to go in this round. Keep your fingers crossed that it continues to be this easy. Personally, I'm counting on it!

That's it for now - xxx The Brainiac

P.S. I regret ever mentioning healthy eating and walking in my last post - who am I kidding!!!

4 comments:

  1. Well, just try to stick with foods that aren't full of preservatives. You can do that! I'm going to try to start exercising too - maybe we can motivate each other. Here's to continued success with the pills and hoping taking the subsequent ones will be as easy as last night's.
    Love to you,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rest of the pills are just as easy! Work on resting and getting your energy back...the walking and healthy eating will come soon enough! I'm sooooo happy to hear that you're doing well. I think of you every day!

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are off to a great start!!I can cook healthy and will try to find an opening in the calendar. Kisses, alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that it went so well. One big step! Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete