Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time to Talk!

I know - looks like I just vanished doesn't it. The good news is that I haven't - I am back to write a bit and let you all know that things are going just fine.

I did have the monster of all headaches starting Sunday afternoon and continuing through Monday afternoon. Clif called the PA on MOnday a.m. - seems that it was something about taking me off one of the meds too quickly. They have fixed that and now I can lift my head off the pillow - a very welcome relief!

So, yesterday was a setback, but I'm moving forward again today. I guess you could compare this to an ice cream headache - such a relief when it's over. Also, a relief to know what caused it. My legal eagle is on the case!

As you know, I had numerous family in for the weekend. My daughter and mother cleaned and cleaned - and tossed lots of "stuff." There are rainbows to be found in these clouds - if  this hadn't happened to me, I would probably still have more plastic containers than any single family could possibly use, way too much holiday decor from the 80s and so many paper napkins. In addition, my daughter, who is a lawyer by profession, may have never discovered her hidden talent as a florist - goodness gracious, what that girl can do with an almost dead bouquet :)

Thanks to all, three closets are cleaned out, all the island drawers have been purged and the frig is amazing. I can't wait until they come again! In the meantime, if any of you are talented cleaners or organizers, by all means, come on over!

Hope this finds everyone hale and hearty - xxxgbg

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - my head is hurting just hearing about the headache...glad to hear it's gone. What a nice bunch of visitors to do all that purging for you!
    I'll get in touch with you tomorrow or Thursday.
    Take care!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! Blogs were invented for people like you! What I mean by that is you're so very entertaining when you write, not like some... It's very comforting for me to be able to be updated without risking disturbing you or the family. It's obvious your surrounded by love and oodles and oodles of friends. I'm wondering if you're able to read yet? I'm trying to get decluttered myself. I have a fear of having to move into senior housing and having to deal with all this stuff when I'm even older than I am now! Love, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,
    If love and well wishes from family and friends could rid you of a bad headache and clear the closets, you would be singing and dancing instead of suffering with a bad headache. It's obvious that many, many people are sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
    Love, Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail,
    I love reading this blog - I feel like I'm there with you all. I think of you and Clif and the family every day and continue to pray for you. I thought of you all day today as I was wearing my Ry and SK wedding sandals (the nice ones, not the flip flops!
    Keep that wonderfully positive attitude and know that the Boston Jancaitis' are thinking of you.
    Love,
    Martha (and Jason and Megan and Adam!)

    ReplyDelete