Monday, April 13, 2009

An Easter Update from Gail

Gail posted this update on the LotsaHelpingHands site, so I wanted to make sure everyone got to see it on her blog, too. Guess I need to make sure she has admin access on this site, too!

-Sara
-------------------------------------------------

From Gail:

I thought that everyone would like to know that I had a wonderful Easter weekend with so, so many special people around me. I am learning many lessons about what one should do in situations like this - I've not been great about this in the past, but I am going to be paying it forward in the future!

My sister Shannon drove my parents down and my daughter, son-in-law and Winnie, a very loving Labradoodle, made the scene, too. Sara Kate and Mother spent lots of time cooking and cleaning - do you know that there are no spices that sell for $.49 anymore? I don't have any either - but I did :) My pantry has not been this clean since I moved in that house 30 years ago!

Easter Sunday was a spectacular day - the sun even came out. Tiffany, the fiance of my son Brian, has earned many points with all of us. She offered her home for our Easter lunch and she even had party favors. The food was delicious and I could even taste it. Brian blew us all away with his special and thoughtful gifts and cards - kinda made me teary. We had a wonderful family day. It wasn't exactly how I planned to introduce the two families, but, hey, I was a great icebreaker!I hope that you, too, had an uplifting Easter Sunday - and that maybe you found the Golden Egg!

P.S. Braden arrives from Seattle on Thursday p.m. (we originally had departure plans to visit him this Wednesday - oh, well, another time) and we're looking forward to having him here. He doesn't know it yet, but we're going to clean his room out :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it now. Let me tell you, I can't wait!!!

    Looking forward to being back home. It's tough being so far away at times like this.

    FYI - I sent the other one as Emily on accident. It was a google account set up through work. Still trying to figure this thing out.

    ReplyDelete