Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday afternoon update

A quick update on the Brainiac... She has a room assignment and will be leaving the ICU in a couple of hours. We are all looking forward to a change of scenery!

Mom is doing well today. She got a glimpse of her new hairdo this morning when the doctors came and removed her bandage/turban. She is hoping for a visit to the beauty/barber shop this weekend (run by Volunteer Services) to "cute" her up. The songs keep coming too!

My aunts and grandmother left this morning, but they will be back--probably with a tan (Kim is off to Mexico and Shannon to Galveston). Braden's girlfriend Maren arrived from Seattle last night. It has been nice to have her join us and support Braden. And she is a jogger, so Winnie is looking forward to a run!

We'd like to thank Ana for the delicious enchilada casserole, rice, and awesome bean dip last night. It was so nice to have a home-cooked meal. There were a few recipe requests, Ana, so let us know if you can share.

We'll give more of an update later when we are settled in the new room. In the meantime, I am going to attempt to load some of the photos that my dad took on Wednesday, including the finished puzzle.

Sara Kate

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, SK, for the updates!! I'm thinking about GBG non-stop, as is everyone. So, keep those updates coming. Please give her a big ol' smooch from me! LCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SK. Tell your dad and mom that I say hello, send hugs and can't wait to hear some songs from gbg soon!xxoo
    Shannan Murray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara Kate -
    I'll e-mail the recipe soon. I'm glad you liked it!
    Give your mom a squeeze for me.

    Take care,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. GBG, You've been in my thoughts and prayers since I learned of what you've been up to since the VEPS luncheon. Here's a great big warm (virtual) hug for you girl! Let me know when you are available for a real hug so I can come deliver. You are very special. Love, Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Ana needs to post the enchilada casserole recipe on the blog! Glad GBG is moving into a room and thanks for the updates, SK!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail and family - just learned this afternoon about all you have been facing so bravely and hope you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Look forward to seeing you and singing with you! You are so special! Malla & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hidie-ho to GBG and the family. So glad you are moved into a room, at last. I wanted to send you sunshine, but it just went dark and started to rain. That's Houston for you. Sending you a big squeeze till it hurts. Leslie S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update! Gail, so glad to know you're at last in a (hopefully) comfy room of your own. Burke and I are constantly thinking of you and Clif and all the family. XOXO to all!!! -- Sarah Watson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you all have a good week-end and get some sleep. Hi Gail, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Starting at 11:45 a.m. on Sunday, it became a very good weekend - so nice to be able to go home [even if my bed is made of concrete - thanks, Clif :)]

    I LOVE being here and they even trusted me home alone all day today (WED.) - nice to begin to regain some of that forceful independence I've got built into my GNA!

    ReplyDelete