Thursday, April 30, 2009

Okay - Today REALLY Was the Longest Day - at least for me!

EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were at MDA for more than five hours today and for someone who has just had a really long neurosurgery, that's just too long. But, what we discovered while we were there is that they've been totally overmedicating me. Kinda funny because it has been my very precise legal eagle husband who has had control over the situation - honestly, I've heard the explanation several times and I still don't really get it, but the important thing is that he figured it out and I will be feeling much better very soon (so they say!). I am just absolutely pooped and that's not my usual mode. Look for more pep soon!

We came home to some great leftovers and now I am waiting for the dinner delivery - yummmmmm - special service - LOVE it! Then, I am going to force myself to nap for a few hours so that I can make it through dinner and then sleep again - sounds delicious! There will be four of us for dinner - should be very nice.

Family status: Braden and Maren have returned to Seattle and keep in touch. SK is in Denver until late Friday night - she returns to Houston on Sat. - not sure if she is coming alone or bringing Ryan and Winnie with her - and not sure how long she will stay - just glad that she will be here to take over her Asst. Little General position. Brian and Tiffany are here and come over every night to sample the latest culinary cuisine - so good to have them "in residence!" Clif, of course, is a constant - I am so grateful for him. Next week, I suppose that Mother and Shannon will rotate in and out - maybe even Daddy, too. It will be great to have them here. I have personally enjoyed a little alone time this week - it's hard for people to understand why I would want this, but I do - I just have to look in the mirror to know that it's probably for the best :)

Now, I'm going to hang this one up and wait for the doorbell to ring - shouldn't be long>

Love to you all - good grief, cards, flowers, food, and all that xxxoooxxx - just way too much! Thank you - you know I thank you!!!!

xxxgbg - the Brainiac!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, brainiac, for someone who claims to not be herself you sure write a mean blog! Love all the details and most of all glad you're home after such a long day. I was across the street all morning, shooting with Carter and hoped to run into you somewhere along the way, but no luck.
    Thinking of you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail - I am not much of a blog follower, but I check yours every day and am so happy to hear that things are going well. Must feel good to have the staples out!
    Take care,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gail,
    Jose and I think about you and your family daily. We keep up with your adventures via the blog and Maggi. By the way… we love the blog! We’re so please you are doing well and seem to be getting back to your frisky self. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts.
    Take Care,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, it is so great to "hear" your voice again!!!! Hugs, gg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always talking - even when it's just writing :)

    ReplyDelete