Sunday, April 19, 2009

Laying it on the line .....

It is Sunday morning at 9:52 and the carpet installers have been at my house for almost an hour. The project was planned for yesterday, but the monsoons messed up those plans - bless these guys, they understood my situation and agreed to come today - early, even, so that we will be able to make lunch with friends.

Now, this is a project that was actually instigated prior to my "situation," but how nice to be getting it done. If it hadn't happened today, I had vowed to let it go for a while - don't sweat the small stuff - right? Still, it's also nice to have new clean carpet in, which requires moving all the stuff (I love stuff) - at the very least, that will have to be dusted and cleaned off before I put it back. I might even get rid of some of it - and the decorator sister arrives tomorrow - she is certain to have something to say about it.

So, a bit more organized, a bit more together - pantries, thanks to my daughter and mother's guidance, are cleaner than they have been in 30 years. Sara Kate tells me - and I have seen this to be true - that she has no qualms about throwing other people's stuff away. I am fully expecting to come out of this in much better shape - all the way around! SK, Ryan and Winnie, the distraction dog, arrive later tonight - looking forward to it - and they have promised to keep those paws clean on the new carpet.

Braden, as I have posted, has been here since Thursday night. We have been enjoying visits with him - he is usually here for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other assorted family occasions - but those are holidays with lots of folks around. This time, we are having actual conversations - it's been great. He's also been very helpful and kind about carting me around doing errands - I'm getting things crossed off the list.

Brian and Tiffany have been a constant - so good to see them for lunch yesterday and today they are taking Braden to the Astro's game. They were somewhat reluctant, but I think that it's great they have an opportunity to do something fun - we don't have to sit around and talk about this all of the time. Just hope the Astro's can pull something off so that it isn't a downer!

My mother and sister will come in sometime on Monday - and, we hear that niece Megan is making an appearance on Tuesday - she is so kind to think that her cousins need some support, too. You, know, there is really nothing that anyone can or needs to do - but it is so good to have them here.

My pre-surgery appts. begin Monday a.m. and continue through Tuesday - already some insurance issues and I'm sure this won't be the last of them. I am looking forward to meeting with my "golden hands" surgeon and getting some questions answered - poor Jeff - they told me that it was okay for family to come to the appt. - hope he knows what that might mean :)

Clif, my personal legal eagle, and I woke up on Saturday a.m. and realized that we are shoemaker's children and that there are a few things we need to take care of before this all begins on Wednesday. Good thing is that he knows what to do, how to do it and it will get done.

While I have been so anxious to begin this event, all of a sudden I see that there are some things to take care of before it does. So, we're going to make the most of our time the next few days and be able to go in prepared for it all on Wednesday. I have requested an enforced bedtime tonight. I pushed myself too hard and stayed up entirely too late last night. It's not good to start out tired so I will try to get some rest. The medicine, which they told me would make me really hungry and want to eat, didn't for about 10 days, but it has kicked in - gotta watch that. They also said that I would crave sweets, but that hasn't happened yet - except I'm enjoying those sea salt caramels from Seattle :)

Perhaps you will hear more from me today - seems this is a good way to get it all out. I like telling you all about it - never planned to, never wanted to, but now I may as well!

The sun's out already - and that's good news! 

Hugs from Miss B

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is a good a medicine as laughter. Keep it up! It is good to hear things are well.

    Katie, ISC
    Children's Cancer Hospital

    ReplyDelete