Monday, April 20, 2009

The Longest Day - but a pretty dang good one!

Woke up this a.m. early as usual, but feeling so good because I got a great night's sleep - which means that I need to shut down soon to even make an attempt to match.

Anyway, dealt with the first insurance issue/denial - understand, but not so great - we will attempt to push them on it. I told Clif that a new car and roof would have been cheaper than this all the way around. Oh, well, too late for that.

My third day through the doors of the M. D. Anderson Clark Clinic in my new identity as a patient - and was greeted with a huge hug by a most special volunteer - great way to start the days events. Got my insurance waiver signed and took advantage of the patient status to take the golf cart across the sky bridge to Mays Clinic clinic for the MRIs - I didn't feel guilty at all.

MRIs - yes plural there - and in the tube for about 3 hours - this was a working kind of thing - had to do stuff mentally while I was in there. They say that whatever they asked me to do would light of different areas of the brain while doing it. They mapped all this - I'm like MapQuest - and it will be like I am virtually on that MRI table from Mays when I start out over there in the BrainSUITE. The surgeon will also use all of this to plan the surgery. Funny, I never thought about actually planning this, but suddenly I'm really happy he does! They told me that I made an A+ on my MRIs - I am proud!

Braden picked me up and we went for lunch (well, I had lunch) and then to Clif's office where I signed my name more than I have, well, ever. We are no longer the shoemaker's children. We are so official - been needing to do this for so long - obviously no time like the present! I also signed about a billion HIPAA forms for, perhaps, everyone I know. Not really, but at least those who might need to to get the info. If you know me, you know that I deal with HIPAA for my work all the time - funny to be the one signing this on the other side.

I checked in on Mother and the sisters, who were heading this way. Though I had urged them to get a later start than they were earlier  planning, it seems that they really did. So, they were much later getting here than anticipated and, unfortunately, had a most eventful trip in. Traveling in two vehicles - long story, but basically one was rear-ended and a golf ball landed (and shattered) in the middle of the other's window shield. Although slightly shaken, fortunately everyone is fine - just not the cars.

We ALL (10) went to dinner where we are having the rehearsal dinner for Brian & Tiffany. It was fun for them to see the site - and I think they liked it. We sat outside - beautiful, beautiful evening - food good, company better, lots of fun.

Home to bed - not doing so well here, but I am going to make myself shut it down - need my beauty rest. You will be able to enjoy (?) one more shout-out from the brainiac herself tomorrow and then I'll turn it over to others for a while. Don't worry - I'll be BACK!

xxxgbg

No comments:

Post a Comment