Thursday, April 16, 2009

HELP - I Need Somebody - Not Just Anybody - SARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay - I am so stupid about all of this stuff. Sara says that she fixed it so that I can post on the blogspot, but of course I can't figure out how to do that. I can't IM on Facebook and - this is the worst - I forget my password every time I try to login and then I have to change it. I don't think it's my current issue, I think I'm reasonable smart - it's just that I am old and there are so many more important things running around in my mind these days. Of course, I have always had to write these passwords down in order to remember them - but there are so many more these days. Shoulda just stuck to one!

So, another blog in the wrong spot that Sara (the social media genius only second only next to my friend Jennifer Texada, who is really, really up on all this stuff) will have to transfer to the right place tomorrow. She (Sara) has promised me lessons and maybe if I take notes, I'll be able to do it on my own - only, unfortunately, that time is soon coming to an end. It will be Sara and sisters and daughter and any others who wish who will be doing the updates soon - so bug them if they fall down on the job!Now, having taken that final tiny turquoise pill of the day, it is time to turn in. I have starved myself off of naps the last few days because, after sacking out hard for three-four hours every afternoon (bliss!), I wasn't able to sleep at night. In fact, I think - although I'm pretty positive that I aced those cognitive tests on Tuesday - this lack of sleep might have had an effect on my reasoning in that process.

However, I have been "studying" for these for more than two years now. Clif gave me a very unexpected gift for Christmas in 2007 - a Nintendo DS Lite (never had heard of such a thing!) - and I got very serious about it. Using my additive personality, I began to play with these Brain Age (how appropriate!) games constantly - love it, love it, love it and have almost given up reading for this pursuit. So, this training stood me in good stead on Tuesday - except for the blocks I was supposed to use to match patterns - there's a reason why my dad is an architect and I am not. Hummmm, can't remember (uh oh) if I said this yesterday or not, but anyway, I felt stupidly silly to have been so tired when it was all over, but I do think I did okay! My clinical neurologist told me that I was inspirational and I grabbed onto that!

Brian and Tiffany were here for dinner - easy pasta - tonight. It is so nice to have them staying close. Sara Kate calls - very special, so good to hear from her. And,big excitement, Braden comes tomorrow - can't wait for that very big hug!

Today I got all of my upcoming appointments - I'll be busy for the next few weeks, to say the least. I've got to type it all out for Clif - he forgets all of this all the time (glad it isn't just me!) and these are things I need him to know. I also have a schedule of all the special family folks who are pouring into my house to be there with me next week - lots going on there, too, but I'm really grateful to them all.

I'm also continually grateful to all of you for the help - Clif really appreciates the driving and being able to get a little work done without having to come fetch me every day. I've loved the lunches and especially the visits - and appreciate the rides home.Time to turn this off - hope I can turn my brain off - in a good way - you know what I mean - so that I can sleep. Love to all - the Brainiac

1 comment:

  1. Yea, Gail! I'm so proud of you for posting your first blog! Yea for teamwork : )

    ReplyDelete