Thursday, April 16, 2009

He's No Longer Sleepless in Seattle - He's in HOUSTON!!!

Well, the Seattle Boy has arrived at long last! We were running late, but the connection time was actually just about perfect - big surprise.  We made a quick trip from IAH to Pei Wei, had a good dinner and then came home to some delicious, fabbo Fran's sea salt caramels that Braden brought me - my favs! His GF Maren will come after the surgery - her parents are in Seattle (and we're supposed to be there, too) so she is not able to be here at the beginning - I think it's nice that she's coming at all - not necessary, but so sweet!

Today, I got a tiny bit more info - hospital time will be 4-5 days or possibly even less and then home with Tylenol (amazing!). Then, I'm supposed to be pretty much down and resting for about 7-10 days at home. I thought that I would be coming back to work after that, but apparently not - they tell me that I would be expected to concentrate there (imagine that) and that probably wouldn't be happening for about 6 weeks. Then, I'll be easing back into the office - so, not sure about the schedule, but still kinda sad that it will be longer than I thought. Guess this is something to be expected - after all, we're talking brain surgery here - but I really don't like being not up to par.

Another piece of news - big in my life, you know - is that I can take the 11 p.m. pill at 9 p.m. and therefore go to bed earlier than I have been and get a little more sleep. Of course, it's almost 10 p.m. already, but we have a visitor so I'm visiting - and writing this.

Tomorrow is my last morning in the office - seems so weird to be wrapping things up. At the first of the week, I had three things I needed to accomplish - I am almost finished with one of them, but haven't made any progress on the other two: tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow - it's only a day away!

Braden will pick me up and get a bonus tour of our new offices and then we have some errands to do. I'm planning on a force-clean of his room, too. Then there's dinner with friends at Yia Yia Mary's. New carpet comes Saturday a.m. and maybe a quiet dinner that night somewhere with just us. We have Sunday lunch with more friends and Sara Kate, Ryan and our grand dog Winnie arrive that night.  I have a functional MRI on Monday a.m. and my mother and sisters will be in that afternoon - maybe a few more family members on Tuesday. We have a Tuesday a.m. appointment with the surgeon - everyone's invited - then with the anesthesiologist after than. Fun days, huh!

I was relieved to learn that the 11p.m. Wednesday time that was the scheduled time shown for my surgery was actually a default for all surgeries just to block the room. I am certain that my surgeon's golden hands are shinier in the morning than at 11 p.m. at night!

So, now you know about me and who's here and who's coming and the schedule of events. Are you bored yet? I think I may have written some of this before - I'm writing so many e-mails that I can't remember what I've told to whom. But, it's going to be a big time, uh huh, uh huh!

Now, I really am going to bed - pretty tired here. Sleep tight, everyone! (and congratulate me tomorrow if I actually manage to post this) - Love from the Brainiac/gbg

1 comment:

  1. The Britain that we all keep in mind on or after our formative years can be attractively recreated if only we leave out those blood-spattered foreigners.
    vietnam dong

    ReplyDelete