Saturday, April 18, 2009

Password Hell

Three days to go before I am going to need to let it all go and turn things over to those who love me - and then they are going to be telling you what's going on with me. In the meantime, I am in password hell. 

Oh, good grief, there are so many of them and it seems that I keep adding them. I've got to have the access to myMDAnderson and then there is this blogspot - because you want to read all about it - right. Of course, the lotsa caring hands site - I need to know what we're going to be having for dinner :) Then, not to mention my credit cards and bank account that I need to turn over to my husband. I am frantically paying bills so that he won't have that to deal with over the next few week in addition to everything else that's going on around here.

But, okay, I keep forgetting all of these PWs - there are just too many - and then in order to get onto the accounts, I have to change everything so I really am getting mixed up. They say that all accounts should all be different for safety's sake - and that you don't want people to be able to figure out how to get into your information. That makes perfect sense to me except that even I can't remember how to get into my information. So, I'll be stupid and write it all down and not even keep it private - I'm giving it all to Clif (kinda scary thought - he forgets things, too, and has also been known to misplace them - making me feel a little better about this). Only, I had to go to him tonight to get the access name and PW in order to log onto this and post. Am I the only one out there with these issues or maybe do I just have too many credit cards?

Now, one more thing - because this is not going to be as long a post as they have been. How bored are you guys with me? I think I'm getting bored with myself, frankly. What an incredibly self-indulgent process this blogging is. I'm a writer and look what I'm doing - I'm writing all about me - because it IS all about me, isn't it? Maybe you will all be glad to hear about me (see, it's still all about me) in someone else's voice. My sister Shannon might do some writing and she's pretty good at this, too. Sara - hero Sara - she can write - that's her job. Sister Kim, even though she excels at making homes look nice, can also take pen to paper (pinkies to computer) when pressed. Oh, Sara Kate, #1 daughter, has some natural talent, too. I don't think that they've given anyone else access to do this - those who might have been considered are probably glad they won't have to.

Final note for the night - I went to the office this afternoon for several hours. Bliss - no one there and I was able to cross off the three things I've had on my list to complete for the past few weeks. Of course, I then added a couple of other loose ends that I need to take care of before it all goes down - but I think I can do that on Monday. 

I looked at myself in the mirror (usually try not to do that) - I look tired and I need to go to sleep - so, I'm going to. I hope you can, too - and I also hope that the sun's coming out tomorrow!

Sleep tight - the Brainiac

1 comment: