Thursday, June 11, 2009

Celebration Time!

I have great news to share - and it's not about me. The last of the unattached Goodwins has taken the plunge:

Braden Goodwin is engaged to Maren Van Sickel!!!

We are so pleased to know that very soon we will move from six to seven (Brian and Tiffany - big day is 9/19/2009) and finally to eight (date TBD). We met Maren when Braden brought her to our nephew's wedding two years ago. She made an immediate positive impression - I knew she was "the one" right away - glad that Braden finally realized it, too.

This is a great start to the weekend - just what I need to boost me towards a positive return to the office on Monday. Hard to believe that it's that time already.

By the way, I am walking every night and working to get my energy back - hard to do when it's so hot out there!

Best to all - gbg

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, a huge congrats to Braden and Maren! How exciting! I can't believe I am out of the office when you get back, GBG. . .will see you on the 22nd though. Tell the love birds congratulations!

    DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail,
    Happy news about Braden and Maren!
    Have a restful, fun weekend. This stage of recuperation is ending with two new beginnings.Take care of yourself.
    Love, Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail and Clif,
    Wow, what great news for the Goodwin family! Lots to celebrate this week...though I'm not positive a return to work really meets the celebration criteria. However, we'll be celebrating to have you back! See you very soon.
    xo
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting news! It seems you have a never-ending amount of excitement at the Goodwin house! Work is going to be blah compared to being home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news! So happy for you all! Best to Braden and Maren. See you soon.
    Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I (bold, underscore) think she is lucky to be joining your family. That's just how I roll.

    PS GBG, about the walking, this is also how I roll, or not, but summer in H-town is just too damn hot to be exercising outside. And the mornings are too humid. Your brain is working just fine if it is voting thumbs down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Gail,
    Congratulations to Braden and Maren and all of your family. I'm looking forward to seeing you back here on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Carol B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait until Monday when you're back! Congrats to your family...two weddings -- how exciting!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't wait to see you!!!! It seems like it has been 100 years!

    See you Monday!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete