Monday, June 1, 2009

Taking My Time

It's countdown time - I am set to go back to work in two weeks. Actually, I was originally supposed to return today,but saner minds prevailed and I have added a few more weeks to see if I can't regain some of the energy I have lost.

The good news is that I have made it through the first round of oral chemo with no real issues. Now I have 23 days before the next five days of pills. It's nice to cross some of that off my list of challenges.

It was a long slow weekend - I did a lot of vegging and hope that I have caught up on my sleep. Somehow, I just couldn't get moving, but maybe today will be a new day. I have lunch plans out of the house with a friend - good to get out in the world!

My mother and two sisters are coming on Thursday to go with me to my next doctor's appt. - it's great to have an extra set of ears (or three) and I'll enjoy a visit with them, too.

Best to all - Gail

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're starting the week rested. Enjoy your lunch out and do a little walk around the block later!
    xoxo,
    R

    ReplyDelete