Saturday, June 6, 2009

Heading to the Normal

Good day yesterday with Mother and Kim - we picked up cute Sara Farris for lunch and enjoyed our Village visit. They returned me home for my afternoon nap and then hit the grocery store to pick up the dinner fixings. Cook Kim and Chef Sara (my mother) put dinner together and worked on cleaning out the frig (huge job!!!). 

Kim also tackled the parlor, hauling out things I haven't seen in forever - they're gone now :) This was a trip back to the past - Sara Kate's Beanie Babies, little, tiny purses and even a dress I bought for her to wear to the senior prom that went through many alterations, but never made the cut. We also found enormous numbers of Children's Art Project t-shirts and Children's Cancer Hospital polos - not sure yet what to do with these. There were also plenty of Boy Scout shirts, ski gear and weird odds and ends - debate still going on about the fate of these things, too.

Brian and Tiffany came over for a delicious dinner - it was a Braden favorite: flank steak with zucchini casserole and some special rice. Dessert was some chocolate treats, which arrived just in time yesterday afternoon (thanks Katrina!). Haven't had this meal in forever - we all enjoyed it! 

I have to add this part - we finished the night with a brief walk - and only because I promised. I imagine that I'll be hitting the pavement pretty often now - gotta get that energy back.

The Dallasites depart today - it will get quiet around here quickly. Next week is the last one before I return to the office - time has passed so fast - hard to believe that I'll be back in the old routine so soon. Next week, I'll be dedicated to getting into semi-shape before I'm back to work.

Have a great weekend - and stay cool - xxxgbg

2 comments:

  1. Normal is fantastic! The mundane becomes sought after! Have a happy, regular day, Gail. Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, sounds like you're well taken care of. Having your family near it's a wonderful thing we don't always think about.

    Glad to hear we'll soon be seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete