Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 3 Begins Tomorrow ...

It's hard to believe that I will start my third week back at work tomorrow. For the most part, everything has gone just fine - I've answered all the e-mails, returned lots of phone calls and hugged many, many friends as I've passed them in the halls. My amazing colleague made a list of all the projects still in play and we divided them up. Basically, if it has to do with social media or Web sites or medical news in the Children's Cancer Hospital, it belongs to Sara. I've got a couple of newsletters, multiple events and the Children's Art Project back on my plate. The good news is that there are no looming deadlines, which gives the ol' Brainiac an opportunity to get back in the groove.

I made another trip across the street on Friday - had to attend the CCH Beach Bash. Though I was hoping to get a tan, it just didn't happen. However, I felt lucky to make it back to the office - WOW, it is hot out there. I'm trying to work out some transportation that will get me to meetings and events over in the main bldg. - at least for a while - but so far I've had no luck. The shuttle service is not optimal from my bldg. - thought I might twist their arms to beef it up or at least allow me to use the "Special Request" shuttle, but that doesn't seem to comply with the rules. I'm going to push a little harder next week and try to make that happen.

I have a trip to Dallas on the calendar for next weekend.  My sisters and mother have found "the perfect place" for me to get a mother-of-the-groom dress so I'm going to go shop and see if this is indeed a fact. I'm hoping so because I've not seen much here in Houston (not that I've done all that much shopping, but ...). It would be super to cross this off of my to-do list. I also need to start thinking about the other little details for the rehearsal dinner - like the invitations. I do have a little time on this, but not much. I was so on schedule until I got sidetracked on April 1. At least I can be thankful that we had the location and the menu lined up before I had so many other things to think about.

This week should be better than the last two - I am very slowly regaining my energy and getting up and about helps this. Oh, I just finished round 2 of the oral chemo - so far, so good so keep your fingers crossed!

Stay cool and don't fry your brain - xxxgbg

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful 4th, Gail! I've been thinking about you a lot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete