Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today's the day - 39 years of wedded bliss. We're celebrating with a dinner out and I've been resting up so I can make it through the night.

The day has been busy - we (me and my trusty driver Clif) started by picking up a lamp that I had taken in for repair and then went on to purchase part 2 of my sister's birthday gift. Then we went to 4 different places to check out possibilities for a mother-of-the-groom outfit. In between, we stopped at Kenny & Ziggy's to split a pastrami sandwich - I even turned down a piece of pie in hopes that I will still be hungry for dinner tonight.

As for the outfit, this was just the initial exploration. I still have a few other places to visit and I also need to wait for the bride's mother to make her choice before I decide. Of course my husband thinks I should wear my mother-of-the-bride outfit - can't seem to make him understand that this just won't work. He also doesn't understand my reluctance to wear it to other occasions - as if there is another occasion worthy of this fine outfit. Instead, I just spend a lot of time looking at it :)

I have my feet up, am feeling fine and am looking ahead to next week when I start round 2 of the oral chemo and also plan to be on a full time work schedule. Wish me luck.

Happy Fathers' Day to all -
Your Friend, the Brainiac

3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy anniversary to you and Clif, Gail! Have a lovely evening! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand why you can't wear the lovely green outfit again. It was such a special day when "our kids" got married. I look at my dress hanging in the closet and smile remembering all the fun we had that weekend. It is hard to believe it was 5 years ago!
    I love the pictures of your first week back at work. You look delighted to be back at work.
    Happy anniversary to you and Clif. You are one year behind John and me for your anniversary and birthdays.
    XXXX, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with YOU???!!! Think beige. Don't you know that the mother of the groom ALWAYS wears a lovely shade of beige? That's what I get for having 3 boys---doomed to the color beige forever. Crap. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well back in your work routine---that's what we want to hear! Go Gail Go!!!! Happy Anniversary!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete