Monday, June 8, 2009

Countdown Week!

It seems impossible that this is my last week at home in recuperation mode.  I am gearing myself up for the big return - getting ready and making myself presentable, what to do for lunch, how to launch back into the projects I left behind and - biggest question - how long can I sit in that desk chair? Next Monday will be a really big day for me!

In the meantime, I'm going to do my best to get ready. I have been walking - and I have to say that I don't really like it. I know that I need to get some exercise, but I still don't like it. However, I've made it around the block the last three nights - cheers, please!!! I will admit that it's gotten a tiny bit easier, but not easy enough. I know, I know - that's going to come. Those of you who are always bugging me about this can relax - I know what I have to do.

Clif and I are also practicing getting our own meals - kinda hard to do when you're used to delicious dinners being brought to the front door, but necessary nonetheless. Part of the problem is that healthy eating is especially important for me right now and healthy eating is not my habit. I having to forget my favorite pepperoni pizza and chicken fried steak and think more about fresh fruits and vegetables. Wonder what we'll have tonight - I just finished off the pineapple.

I am turning the TV up loud - the next door neighbors are getting a new roof and it's noisy out there. This could be a good thing - might interfere with my afternoon nap :)

Good day to all - gbg

4 comments:

  1. We can't wait to have you back in the office, GBG! And I'll walk the halls with you here - at least there's air conditioning. We might have to walk around the PA suite a few times to make it the equivalent of a block, but we can do it. Looking forward to seeing you, though I'll be out the first week you're back! Your basket has stayed full of candy in your absence (mostly thanks to Scott!) Can't wait to see you soon. Continue to feel better!

    DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could do it! I know it's tough but I'm really proud of you (and Clif) for doing what all Braden girls Hate to do-exercise!

    lulu,
    kimbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gail,
    As your official departmental wellness coach, I feel a huge responsibility to enforcing regular walks around our new 5th floor space or wherever you feel most comfortable! I'm dusting off my athletic shoes : ) Can't wait to see you. I'm so proud of you and amazed at your progress. But mostly thankful that you'll be back soon. We've all missed you!!! Kudos to Clif. Take care,
    Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the walking Gail, sometimes its not easy to push ourselves but you're making it happen. Remember what Yoda said, "there is no try, just do or not do"....I think thats what he said anyway. Keep up the good work!!
    Jon Robin

    ReplyDelete