Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Still Feeling Kinda Rocky

It must be that chemo pill that's taken me down - I really haven't felt the same since Friday. I have an upset stomach, I don't want to eat much of anything and I am so, so tired. The best thing that has happened is that a friend called to tell me that sleeping is just what I'm supposed to be doing - good news to me! Now I just need to convince my daughter about this - that's sure to happen!

So, I'm trying to perk up. I have plans to talk to the Wellness Center at MDA this week - it's not possible that I am the only person who is this tired after surgery. I'm hoping that they will have a miraculous cure for me that doesn't involve having to get off another pill. Abandoning the steroids was not fun - but it's done (good for me)! Now, there has to be something that gives energy besides walking around the block - I just can't do it.

I am exposing my less than positive upbeat attitude - sorry about that. I try to be happy-faced - doesn't always work. By the end of the week, I'm certain to be back to my sunny self - doncha think?

xxxgbg

8 comments:

  1. Gail ~
    Thank you for your transparency. No one feels good all the time. It's just not the way life works. If we felt good all the time, how would we know how good we feel? Your body has been through a lot. Give it some time.

    You are very brave to blog through this journey. Day by day and step by step is the only way to get through - And remember, you have friends and family to help and to lift you up in prayer.

    You are doing an amazing job. How many of the rest of us wish we could spend the afternoon napping?!
    Debbie Blackwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the bravest people I know! Just take it day by day and let your body heal. Love ya and miss ya! Kim N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, you have been crazy upbeat this whole time! You are a champ! But even champs need some down time - naps are a lovely thing! Your body has been through a lot and it needs some time to regroup. And, chemo is no small thing!

    There is still a gazillion people praying for you! Friends are there to be strong when you cannot - you would do it for any of your friends in a heartbeat!

    So...take deep breathes and then go take a nap!

    Sweet dreams!!!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine why you wouldn't feel up-beat every day....you have ONLY had brain surgery and are taking chemo....!!!
    I think you are allowed to have an un-perky day or two...so please... give yourself a break, put your feet up, take a nap, and relax!
    AND, remember, we think you are the greatest(perky or not)...
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Gail,
    Your progress has been amazing and your attitude inspiring. You're allowed to have "down" time, for goodness sake! As the song goes, "let it be"...Rest and take care. Burke and I are thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one tough cookie!

    One day at a time. You have a big team behind you.

    Lots of love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail,
    Does the term "Fatique Week" ring a familiar bell? It should....we "celebrate" it every spring. Fatique is a real common issue and can be a real downer if you take it too personally! Patient ed has great info on battling fatique. And it is a battle. How can we get some info to you? You might be able to access via your myMDAnderson page if you're set up for that. If not, let me know and we'll get you the info directly, or electronic links.
    xo
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fatigue Class is tomorrow June 4, at M. D. Anderson in the Main Building, Floor 4,Elevator A through the Learning Center to the classroom. It starts at noon. There are fatigue materials in the Learning Center and also on myMDAnderson. Call if you have questions. 713-792-7128 Nita Pyle

    ReplyDelete